Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Grateful Thanks

I try to update my blog as much as possible, but life gets in the way. Last blog post I wrote about my friend Jill. She was raped in her NY apartment while she slept and is still living in the same place because she has no funds to move. I pleaded with all the wonderful people that read my blog and donations poured in! I was able to collect approximately $2,000 for her and I ran out of words to say how grateful I am for all those who donated and sent me wonderful messages for Jill.

I have been helping Jill find a new home, but NY is a tough place to find an affordable rent. We were hoping she would be in a new place by the new years, but we've had no luck. We are however working on it and hope to welcome the new year with a new attitude and a gratefulness for human compassion.

I am not always the best at updating my readers on time, but I will let you know and take pictures as soon as she finds a new home! Your donations will be put to good use, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for trusting me with your money. I am just a person on the internet and you all trusted me to do the right time. I will continue to fight for all rape survivors, and while I cannot help all of them move on and live in peace I will strive to speak up for all men and women who need it.

Thank you for reading my posts. I wish you all a great new year full of determination and compassion.

With love,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment